This website (www.DebtTrader.com) is owned and operated by DebtTrader (“DT”). At DT we recognize that visitors to our site may be concerned about the information they provide to us and how we treat that information. Our Privacy Notice addresses those concerns. We may update the Notice from time to time, so please check in occasionally.
Our Privacy Notice
At our site, we do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. You can visit our sites without telling us who you are or revealing information about yourself. However, if you specifically agree to provide us with identifiable information, such as by asking to be put on our mailing list, we may contact you from time to time. There are some features of our site that require you to apply to use. If you do sign up, we use the information you supply for the purpose of providing the products, product information or services you request.. We will use the information you provide us solely for the purposes stated in this Notice, and we will not share your information with any third parties. DT does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser allows you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked. You can make changes to any personally identifiable information you provide us by contacting DebtTrader email@example.com.
DT takes precautions to protect your personal information. Sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, is collected on a web page enhanced with secure sockets layer protocol to protect the confidentiality of the data. No transmission of data over the internet or other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. We make reasonable efforts to secure your personal information once we receive it, but we cannot guarantee the security of information you send to us. We have implemented physical, electronic, and procedural security safeguards to protect against the unauthorized or unlawful release of or access to personal information, including any social security numbers.
1. Information We Collect About You
We may collect and use personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be directly or indirectly linked, with a consumer, device, or household (“personal information”).
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as (but not limited to) information governed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (“CMIA”), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”), California Financial Information Privacy Act (“FIPA”), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994 (“DPPA”).
We regularly collect (and have collected in the past 12 months) several types of personal information about individuals that users provide directly to us or service providers, including: name, telephone number, DOB, address, account number, IP address, email address, username, and payment or other financial information. DebtTrader clients may securely send files originally containing personal information through use of certain DebtTrader services, but such files are deidentified or fall within other applicable CCPA exceptions when being handled by DebtTrader.
2. How Your Personal Information is Collected
We collect most personal information from you or your authorized representative if you choose to provide it to us. However, we may also collect information:
- From publicly accessible sources (e.g., property or other government records);
- From our service providers (e.g., information source and other vendors);
- From our clients
3. Why We Use or Disclose Your Personal Information
We regularly use or disclose personal information for one or more of the following business purposes:
- Fulfill the reason you provided the information.
- Perform services on behalf of a business or service provider, including providing customer service, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider
- Provide you with information or services that you request from us
- Auditing related to consumer interactions
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Short-term, transient use, where the personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about a consumer or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction
- Respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law or court order
- As appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different purposes without providing you notice.
We regularly disclose (and have disclosed in the past 12 months) several types of personal information about individuals for one or more business purposes, including: name, telephone number, DOB, address, account number, IP address, email address, username, and payment or other financial information.
We have not sold your personal information under the CCPA over the last year.
4. Verifiable Consumer Requests for Information
Upon verification of identity, California residents may in some cases request that a business:
- Disclose the categories of personal information the business collected about the consumer;
- Disclose the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected
- Disclose the categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer;
- Disclose the categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose;
- Disclose the categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information
- Disclose specific pieces of personal information the business has collected about the consumer
- Disclose any financial incentives offered by the business for collection, sale, or deletion of personal information
A business may charge a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to you by your personal information.
For applicable personal information access and portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
Please note that we are not required to:
- Retain any personal information about you that was collected for a single one-time transaction if, in the ordinary course of business, that information about you is not retained;
- Reidentify or otherwise link any data that, in the ordinary course of business, is not maintained in a manner that would be considered personal information;
- Provide the requested information disclosure to you more than twice in a 12-month period.
- Provide the requested information disclosure if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information, or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf; or
- Provide the requested information disclosure if a CCPA or applicable exception applies.
5. Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
Upon verification of identity, California residents may in some cases request that we delete personal information about you that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
We may deny your deletion request if we are acting in the role of a service provider to another business regarding the applicable personal information. If we deny your request on that basis, we will generally refer you to the relevant business. In addition, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information; or
- If another CCPA or applicable exception applies.
California residents may obtain more information about verifiable requests pursuant to the CCPA by contacting us at [emailing us/completing a webform at [link]/calling us at toll-free number, etc. ].
6. Verifying Your Identity If You Submit CCPA Requests
If you choose to contact us directly via the designated methods described above to exercise your CCPA rights, you will need to:
- Provide enough information to reasonably identify you [(e.g., your full name, account number if applicable, and potentially other identifying information]; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly process and respond to your request.
We are not obligated to make an information disclosure or carry out a deletion request pursuant to the CCPA if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information, or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
Any personal information we collect from you in order to verify your identity in connection with your CCPA request will be used solely for the purposes of verification.
Last modified: April 30, 2020